Founded in 1951 in the town of Torrelaguna (Madrid)
where it started its journey developing sheep's cheese.
In 1975 the production is moved to a new facility in Medina del Campo (Valladolid), which together with sheep's cheese, started to develop other products like blended cheese, white cheese and cottage cheese.
Since then until today, its founder, Francisco Martin Laredo has developed a range of cheeses that are highly standing and recognized in the market, which has made our products to be in the vast majority of supermarkets, hypermarkets and the best specialty stores throughout Spain.
In 2012, El Gran Cardenal launches new cheese making room, an investment to innovative technology as well as sustainable and healthy for our cows and sheeps that make up our farms.
Increase production and technology in the sector means that our products compete in international markets with greater strength and potential and increasingly, El Gran Cardenal has more weight as a quality brand in foreign countries, our products are perceived by buyers as capable of meeting their needs and preferences.